Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rasta Rally

Today was the Rasta Rally in Rhinelander. Is is a great course and a lot of fun. I went into this race with the mentality to have fun and not worry at all about results. It turned out that I was feeling pretty strong and decided not to waste it. It started off with Ben K, Tyler G and Tom (not sure on last name). Ben and Tyler gaped Tom and I pretty early in the first lap. So it was just Tom and I, and he was slowing disappearing from my sight....

I reeled Tom back in right at the beginning of the 2nd lap. I pulled him through the Boyscout camp up a few hills and realized that I was out climbing him, but he was a better single track rider than me. So my plan was to attack every hill. I managed to pull away and get a good gap on him. I ended up 3rd overall just under 3 mins behind ben and tyler.

Thanks to the RASTA guys for putting on such a great race!

No comments:

Post a Comment