Monday, July 16, 2012

Alterra

After a pre ride with teammate Corey on Saturday I was unsure how I was going to feel on race day. This weekend was tough with the heat, but I knew that everyone was going to struggle a little bit so I just let that pass and focused on getting a solid race. My start was pretty good, I stuck with the lead group the first lap, and it seemed to be a manageable pace for me. Once the group started splitting up the pace picked up and then my memory got a little fuzy from here, but sometime after that (maybe mid second lap?, or third) things split up and I found myself with Mark, Kevin, and Matt. Darrin came out of know where and was drilling the single track, I hung on for a little bit but just didn't have the legs to hang so I backed off and rode my pace. It was a struggle to the finish without getting passed. That didn't happen, Ben koneig and Ben Senkerik both got me. I caught back up to Ben K and passed him on the finish climb for 12th (sorry Ben!) It was a mental battle for me this weekend, but I hope to be back to normal next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment