Monday, August 13, 2012

Ore To Shore

Ore to Shore always has a good turn out. Its not as high profile as Cheq 40 or Iceman but the fast guys still show up. I had big goals... stay with the lead group for as long as possible and to race smart.

I managed to stick with them for somewhere around 10 miles in. A few mishaps caused them to get away, but it was probably for the best otherwise I might have blown up to early.... After riding by myself, fighting the strong winds Darrin Braun and a group of guys caught me and I got in their train, that lasted for only a few mins and Darrin and I broke away and were gaining on Issac Neft. 

Then out of no where some other dude was in our draft. Darrin, Issac and myself were working together really well, but the other guy didn't seem to be doing much work....

Issac eventually dropped off and it was left to the 3 of us. I could tell that Darrin and that other guy were feeling better than I was, I tried to hide it but it was not easy. About 5 miles left Darrin throws in an attack up a hill to test the waters, I could not respond but they slowed back down and I bridged back up only for them to do it again. Thats when I decided that I was blown, I rode as hard as I could making sure that no one was gaining on me. I crossed the line in 12th position. 

I am very happy with my result, if only I could of hung in a little longer and had a shot for that 10th place... maybe next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment